Press Release Aug 2011

Steve M. Dabbs is a Vietnam Navy Veteran and a VA Accredited Claims Agent, accredited by the Dept. Of Veterans Affairs.

Steve has help both veterans and their surviving spouses obtain extended care benefits from the Veterans Administration....



Welcome to Arizona Veterans!

The Video is being updated, check back soon.

For More Information, Please Click Here
VA Accredited Claims Agent
Veterans Administration on Accreditation

Steve Dabbs VA Accredited Claims Agent
Accredited By the Department of Veterans Affairs

Want is the Aid and Attendance Pension?

The Veteran can receive over $25,000 per Annum Tax Free to help pay for the High Cost of long-term care.

By Steve M. Dabbs, VA Accredited Claims Agent
As a wartime married veteran of any branch of the US military, you may be eligible for up to $25,440 of tax-free income per year. Veterans must be fully disabled or over 65 and rely on the assistance of another individual for daily living activities.
The VA Improved Pension Aid and Attendance is a program in which individuals who served in the military during WWII, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam War, or the First Gulf War starting in 1990 to date, are eligible for a special VA pension. The benefit extends to the Veteran’s spouse as well as the surviving spouse of a Veteran who served during wartime. Interestingly, the spouse did not have to be married to the Veteran at the time of service. It is also important to note that a common law marriage is recognized for eligibility.
The pension is paid tax free to help pay for home health care, an assisted living facility, and nursing home costs. A family member can also provide home health care, and the Veteran can pay that person for the care given.

The VA Pension will provide needed tax-free funds to help pay for the assistance of someone to help with daily activities such as eating, dressing, mobility, toileting, or bathing.  The benefit is for all Veterans; however, if the Veteran is over the age of 65, the need for care does not have to be service connected.  Mental incapacity due to dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease, hip replacements, and even blindness and other diseases of old age may qualify the veteran or spouse for this benefit.  Friends, relatives, or professional staff can provide this care at home, in an assisted living facility, or in a nursing home. 

A married veteran can receive up to $2,120 per month; a single veteran may receive up to $1,758 per month. The benefit for care for a spouse is $1,403, while that for a surviving spouse is just over $1,149 per month. These benefits are tax free and do not affect any Social Security payments.

If you or your spouse served our country during a period of war, check out your eligibility for this benefit.  If you require assistance at home, currently live in a senior retirement community or assisted living facility, or if nursing home care is inevitable, you may be able to increase your standard of living or move into a facility where you can get the care you need.